1. What is naturopathy?
Naturopathy is a method to maintain global and optimal health of every individual. This method is used for a better control of your lifestyle and also helps the body heal itself in a more natural and favorable way.
2. What kind of natural method can we use to treat symptoms XYZ ?
- Healthy nutrition
- Stress management
- Emotion management
- Physical activity
3. Who is naturopathy for ?
Naturopathy is for everyone! From conception of life to the end of life. Naturopathy plays a major role in disease prevention.
4. What kind of health issues can be treated by naturopathy?
- Weight management
- Digestive problems (stomach ulcer, gastric influx, cramps, constipation, diarrhea, candidiasis)
- Hormonal imbalance (PMS, menstrual pain, breast pain, fibroma, polycystic ovary)
- Fertility and pregnancy
- Sleep issues (insomnia, waking up in the middle of the night, sleeping to long, feeling tired)
- Skin problems (eczema, psoriasis, acne, boils)
5. How long are naturopathic sessions and how does it work?
The first session is 1h30 of evaluation. During the evaluation, you’ll answer questions regarding your needs. The sessions thereafter are usually an hour long. Different conditions require more or fewer sessions, depending on the nature of the condition. Your naturopath will give you an assessment of how many sessions are required for treatment.
6. What is the difference between a naturopath and a nutritionist ?
While naturopathy doesn’t primarily treat symptoms, it is a global approach which targets the root cause of a problem, using natural products.
7. Is naturopathy reimbursed by the RAMQ ?
No, but many insurance companies pay a percentage of the service.